In episode 2, I am chatting with Craig Hewitt from Castos Podcast Hosting and the force behind the Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin.
Craig has been in the podcast space for some time, and also runs a biz providing production and other podcast services. I asked Craig some specific questions that will help both someone who is considering starting a podcast and those who have just begun and still are pondering certain aspects of podcasting.
Craig’s biggest goal is making sure there are as few barriers as possible for anyone getting started, to make sound decisions and put resources into place. His tips will help you avoid falling into the rabbit hole remove some of your hesitation about getting your voice online.
We Start with the Why
We begin the show by asking for Craig’s insights on why podcasting has become so popular— again.
Craig Shares His Tips On:
- Making the audio vs video decision.
- How to avoid confusion when choosing a microphone.
- Whether show notes are good enough, or do you need to provide transcripts.
- The two biggest mistakes beginners often make when jumping on the podcast wagon.
- The benefits of using WordPress for your podcast vs. using a podcasting platform.